Thursday, March 15, 2012

  "Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in. I drink at it, but while I drink I see the sandy bottom and detect how shallow it is. Its thin current slides away, but eternity remains. I would drink deeper, fish in the sky, whose bottom is pebbly with stars. I cannot count one. I know not the first letter of the alphabet. I have always regretted that I was not as wise as the day I was born."
-Thoraeu


"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are words, and some of the words are theirs."

-Norman Maclean


When I moved to Boise I didn't fly fish for the two years that I was there. God why would I just desert something like that. Im back in Bozeman and doing a fair amount again. Its almost intoxicating, that pulse you feel when you have a strike. The other day I went on the Gallatin with gramps (yeah I still call him gramps) and fished for hours. I was lightheaded because I hadn't eaten in a while but I kept fishing because each fish I caught was worth the wait. When Im fishing with someone and they catch a fish it almost feels like I also caught a fish. Its like how I love watching people paint and draw, its like I'm doing it. Fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment